Quoted from OINP website program updates page:
Regulatory amendments affecting the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
Please be advised that the regulations made under the Ontario Immigration Act, 2015 have been amended. The In-Demand Skills Stream is currently closed but will re-open on July 6, 2020. At that time, new applications under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream (in-demand skills category under the regulations) will be processed based on selection criteria set out in Ontario Regulation 422/17 (General) as amended and posted on Ontario’s e-Laws website on July 1, 2020.
The amendments to the selection criteria for the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream were designed to enhance responsiveness to program priorities and regional employer needs.
- expand Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream eligible occupations by adding 13 new manufacturing related National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes for employment positions located outside of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) only (i.e. work or report to work outside the GTA). The Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream supports employers facing labour shortages in specific in-demand occupations, such as agriculture, construction and other low-to-semi-skilled NOC C or D occupationsThe additional 13 NOCs are:
- 9411 – Machine operators, mineral and metal processing
- 9416 – Metalworking and forging machine operators
- 9417 – Machining tool operators
- 9418 – Other metal products machine operators
- 9421 – Chemical plant machine operators
- 9422 – Plastics processing machine operators
- 9437 – Woodworking machine operators
- 9446 – Industrial sewing machine operators
- 9461 – Process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing
- 9523 – Electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors and testers
- 9526 – Mechanical assemblers and inspectors
- 9536 – Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators
- 9537 – Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors
- remove the settlement funds requirement for In-Demand Skills Stream applicants
Program materials and relevant webpages have been updated to reflect the amendments. Carefully review the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream webpage to ensure you meet all stream criteria prior to submitting an application.