Permanent Resident Application
Temporary Residence Services
It’s hard to believe that a baby is already on the way and even harder to think about all the paperwork and red tape you’ll have to go through to get them into the country. But don’t worry, we’re here to help. In this post, we’ll outline exactly what you need to do to add your new little one to your PR application. So sit back, relax, and let us walk you through it.
You will need some basic documents, such as the child’s birth certificate and proof of citizenship, and you will also need to provide some information about yourself and your family. Here are the steps you need to take to add your new baby to your PR application:
- Get a copy of your child’s birth certificate from Vital Statistics or wherever it was issued. If you were not present at the time of birth, you would need an affidavit from either the doctor or midwife who attended the birth.
- Make a photocopy of both sides of your child’s Canadian passport (if they already have one).
- Gather copies of all current passports for all family members, including yourself and your spouse/common-law partner (if applicable).
- Collect documents proving your relationship status (marriage certificate, common-law certificate etc.).
- Make copies of any other immigration papers you may have (work permits, study permits etc.).
- Fill out and sign Form IMM 5476 – Application To Add A Child To Your Parent(s) Record Of Landing Or Confirmation Of Permanent Residence. This form is available on Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s website. Note: You must answer all questions accurately and truthfully; providing false or misleading information can result in criminal prosecution.
- Send all completed forms and documents listed above together with payment for processing fees (currently CAD 100 per person plus shipping costs) to CIC Toronto office. Processing time usually takes 6-8 weeks. unborn babies cannot be added until after they are born. A few months ago, I gave birth to my beautiful son, who has filled my days with blessings since he came into this world. Like every other set of parents, I want him to grow up having access to life–the opportunity to pursue his dreams unhindered. So we decided to add a new baby to our PR application amidst a joyous occasion: the newest member family addition to official government documentation, proving intent to begin life in Canada.
So, make sure that you add your baby to the application as soon as possible and do not forget about any of the other important steps, such as getting medicals done. If you have any questions or need help with anything, please feel free to contact us at AskKubeir.com. We are here to assist you through every step of this exciting process! Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest Canadian Immigration News.